Interested in joining us on our mission for a safer digital world? View our available positions below.
Position: SOC L2 Analyst
Location: India (Bengaluru)
StickmanCyber is your trusted outsourced partner for cybersecurity. With cybersecurity being a growing concern for businesses, at StickmanCyber, we provide you with a full range of services and a single point of contact for all your needs that ensure you have the time and peace of mind to grow your business.
The role of the L2 SOC Analyst includes monitoring and analyzing security systems, triaging and validating security alerts, categorizing threats, and assisting with incident response. Managing security rules and policies, maintaining incident documentation, contributing to process improvement, collaborating with the SOC team, and staying updated on cybersecurity developments. L2 analysts are crucial in identifying and addressing security incidents to maintain an organization’s information security.
- Monitor, analyse, and resolve network security device, systems, and tools issues
- Follow both work instruction playbooks and runbook automations activities. Provide feedback to modify and suggest changes to work instructions for similar impacting events
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response
- Support and promote the company's Cybersecurity operation standards and excellence.
- Continuous improvement of core functions expected from Cybersecurity Operations centre.
- Track, update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes, and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
- Understand internal tools and processes and leverage those to drive automation and efficiencies.
- Locate trends in abuse vectors, communicate with leadership, and advocate for appropriate change to prevent future occurrences.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover to maintain established service levels
- Ability to follow and update established and/or ad-hoc processes and work instructions and create procedures where deficiencies are identified.
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyse, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilising a variety of hardware and software testing techniques
- Articulate problem statements with clarity. Consult with other analysts and support groups or development teams to drive toward long-term restoration and resolution of incidents
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and customer pages, email broadcasts or verified phone calls.
- 3-5 years of Information Security experience.
- Minimum 3 years as a SOC Analyst or 24x7 Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Strong understanding of the threat landscape in terms of the tools, tactics, and techniques of threats.
- Knowledge of Information security life cycle, policies, process, and standards.
- Relevant security certification will be a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and GCP
- Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape.
- Security events, incident review and triage experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools
- Experience and knowledge related to the configuration and maintenance of security monitoring and reporting platforms.
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis of various security related events like Phishing, Spoofing, Ransomware and SQL Injections etc.
- Incident Response experience (identifying, investigating, and responding to complex attacks)
- Experience with threat hunting.
Please submit your application to careers (@) stickmancyber.com, mentioning the position you applied for in the subject line.